Jokes by Levi


What did the ice cream say when the banana asked when it could come over?
Only on a sundae!

What does a drama king wear to bed?
Pa-dramas!

What do you call a swashbuckling rat?
A pi-rat!

What do you call a shoe that has a problem?
An is-shoe! (An issue)

What do you call a video game that you play with more than one person?
A "we!"

What do you call it when someone listens in on Christmas Eve?
Eves-dropping!

And one contributed by a friend:
What's brown and sticky?
A stick!

Levi called me into his room saying, "Oliver's a quarterback." Oliver was on the bed on his tummy with 4 quarters on his back.

What does a crocodile say when it wants to be a rooster?
CROC-a-doodle-do!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Okay, So Maybe I'm A Little Stressed

Our move approaches rapidly--a bit too rapidly. There is suddenly so much to do and so many people to see before we go.

The photo here shows the fragmented state of my mind. Earlier in the day yesterday, I did some errands with the kids and also picked up some dinner for Adam and I. Later in the evening when I went to the fridge to get our food out, I discovered not only our food but also the 4 DVDs I'd rented at Blockbuster and Levi's new swim goggles. I guess this is like Mother Brain (see earlier posts) but is Mother Brain combined with Moving Brain. Rough!

My current task (besides paying attention to my children and generally keeping the household running) is to set aside everything I think we'll need for the next 6 months while we're in temporary housing--the bare essentials. I have exactly one week to accomplish this. I get bogged down in questions like whether we should put the snap circuits in the first shipment or not. What about Candyland? Play dough? (The kids have recently had a resurgence in their interest in Candyland, one of the most boring games on earth for an adult once you've played it a few times. This could be reason enough for it to go into storage.) Also, how many crayons and markers does one family need?

This could be another opportunity for weeding out--except I don't have time! I actually fantasize about getting a huge dumpster and just shoveling things into it. We gave the kids shoe-box sized bins and offered an amount of money for each bin they filled with things to get rid of. We had high hopes. But each of them filled ONE bin. Sigh.

Well, it does provide a good chance on the other end to unpack things and realize you never missed them providing greater "permission" to get rid of them.