Jokes by Levi


What did the ice cream say when the banana asked when it could come over?
Only on a sundae!

What does a drama king wear to bed?
Pa-dramas!

What do you call a swashbuckling rat?
A pi-rat!

What do you call a shoe that has a problem?
An is-shoe! (An issue)

What do you call a video game that you play with more than one person?
A "we!"

What do you call it when someone listens in on Christmas Eve?
Eves-dropping!

And one contributed by a friend:
What's brown and sticky?
A stick!

Levi called me into his room saying, "Oliver's a quarterback." Oliver was on the bed on his tummy with 4 quarters on his back.

What does a crocodile say when it wants to be a rooster?
CROC-a-doodle-do!

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Craft Nightmare

I've just discovered my first true crafting nightmare--origami. We bought a bargain origami book at the bookstore the other night. Today Levi decided he wanted to make a penguin and I was game. So we got the stuff out. Most of the directions are graphic--arrows and a variety of dotted lines telling what to do. Bad start. Then there's all this turning and folding in and out. Argghh. I was reminded that visual-spatial thinking is not my strength. Some help I was. Levi finally drifted off after I mangled one penguin. I tried a dragon next which looked much easier but, as the saying goes, looks are deceiving. At least the book only cost $5.99!


Maybe at some point, one of the kids will decide it's interesting and try it on their own. As for me, I don't know. I had a return of those intense feelings of frustration I had when I learned how to sew as a teenager. I would get to a point where I just wanted to take the whole heap--machine, fabric, thread, needles, pattern and pins--and light a bonfire with it in the backyard. In order to avoid an infantile display of frustration over folding paper I've thrown in the towel for now. Though, in light of my earlier post about 10 Dangerous Things, perhaps it would be worthwhile to use it for lighting a fire . . . .